LAST UPDATED: TUESDAY, MARCH 24, 2020 10:20 AM ET
The well-being of everyone is vitally important to WEAG’s leadership and community. The Coronavirus strain known as COVID-19 has certainly challenged our usual comforts and health, especially the older among us.
To help our community respond to these challenges, we have compiled some information and resources below. Many of you have asked how you can help. We have identified outreach opportunities that you can consider participating in.
- Schedule Impact
- Building Access
- Supported Ministries Impact
- Response Guidance
- Local Outreach Opportunities
- WEAG Community Needs Reporting
Please keep in mind that developments are very fluid. New information, recommendations, and regulations are being issued by local, state, and federal agencies at a rapid pace. As new information impacts the WEAG community, our church leadership will move as quickly as they responsibly can to update this page.
You may want to bookmark this page to access it quickly for updates. We will note the date and time of each update so you know you are getting the latest information. If you have a question or find a discrepancy, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with details.
- Sunday services will only take place at our Online Campus at 9am and 11am until further notice. Join us in worship, prayer, and conversation at https://watch.weag.online.
Sunday Kids Church
We are bringing Elementary and Preschool Kids Church from our living rooms to yours every Sunday at 12:30 pm.
Both videos will be available afterward, too, so you’ll have a chance to watch both if you have kids in each age group or if you’re not able to watch them right when we post.
Student Youth Group for Teens
Until we are able to meet in person again, we will be hosting Youth Group on Instagram Live! Every Wednesday at 7pm, head over to the SEEK or ECHO Instagram page! Youth Group will include gathering together and chatting on the video, playing games, and hearing a message from a speaker. Please see directions below on how to access Youth Group on Instagram Live:
- SEEK Instagram Page: https://www.instagram.com/weagseek/
- ECHO Instagram Page: https://www.instagram.com/weagecho/
At 7pm, go to either Instagram page. Then, you will click on the SEEK or ECHO logo on the top left side of your screen. The live video will pop up and you will be at Youth Group! During this time, you can comment and say hello, respond to questions we ask and participate in games!
Then, at 7:30pm, we will gather into virtual small groups. students will sign into a specific group on Zoom, which is video conferencing app. This will be an incredible time of seeing each other and small group leaders, talking, praying together, and discussing some of the message we just heard! These small groups will be high school girls, high school guys, middle school girls, and middle school guys. Next week, we will send out a link for each small group. Email email@example.com if you would like the link and do not already receive emails for Seek or Echo. When you click on the link, you will want download Zoom and create an account. Once you have done that, it will take you right to your small group! We will begin the Small Group Zoom video Chats on Wednesday, March 25, at 7:30pm.
- Intertwined Family: An Evening with Jason Johnson is rescheduled for September 28, 2020. See https://weag.church/events/interwined-a-evening-of-worship-encouragement-with-jason-johnson/ for additional details.
- IF: Gathering for Women postponed until it is safe to assemble for the event. Watch the event page at https://weag.church/events/ifweag/ for additional updates.
- Dance Production has been canceled due to the impact on scheduled rehearsals not being able to be held. We look forward to bringing you The Tale of Three Trees next year.
- The Parham Road Campus building will remain closed to all departmental activities, events and small groups until further notice.
Supported Ministries Impact
- West End Thrift Store – We love and value our amazing volunteers and want to protect their health, as well as the health of those in our community. Currently, our store is closed while we explore new, safe ways for our customers to browse and shop. We are evaluating COVID-19 with our leadership as things evolve. We will provide updates on Facebook and Instagram @westendthrift. Thank you for your understanding and support!
- WEAG’s leadership echoes the requests of the health community and government leaders to minimize potential exposure to COVID-19. In order to protect yourselves and your families, be extremely diligent in sterilizing and disinfecting your environment and your hands and avoid proximity with those most at-risk of infection.
- We also recognize that members of our immediate community and our neighbors throughout the Richmond area need the support and assistance of able-bodied individuals and small groups to make it through this crisis. These efforts require some measure of reasonable risk to meet the needs of those who are unable to shop, cook, attend medical appointments and more. Please see the lists below for opportunities to assist with these needs.
- Pray for all leaders, first responders and health professionals as we all grapple with the uncertainties of this time. Please be considerate and engage with others in love, grace and understanding in all conversations, online and otherwise, as thousands have been directly affected by the virus or are paralyzed with worry. This is an opportunity to be a city on a hill and reflect His light in the darkness.
Online Live Prayer
- Starting Monday, March 23rd, join a pastor for online prayer each weekday. We will vary these by the time of day and social media platforms. Be sure to follow @weagrva on Facebook and Instagram to be alerted to when we are live. Here is the schedule:
Monday - 10 am Facebook live
Tuesday - 7 pm Instagram live
Wednesday - 10 am Facebook live
Thursday - 7 pm Instagram live
Friday - 10 am Facebook live
Local Outreach Opportunities
- Richmond Public Schools is providing free meals to disadvantaged school kids and their families who normally depend on school-provided meals. RPS needs help in packaging and distributing meals at 20 school locations around the city. They have established two, 3-hour shifts for every day that schools are closed. To increase social distancing, RPS now has an option to ride on a bus and deliver meals to families. For details on both opportunities to help and to sign up, please visit https://www.handsonrva.org/rps.
- Our good friends at CARITAS are looking for help in providing meals to the homeless at various drop-off locations around Richmond. For details and to sign-up to help, visit: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e0949acae2da3fb6-support
WEAG Community Needs
- If you have a need or know of someone with a need, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with details. Due to variances in volume and staff availability, please allow up to one business day for a response, though we expect to be back in touch much faster than that.
We are saddened by the loss of every life to this contagious disease. At the same time, we are thankful for the victory of recovery that over 80,000 persons around the world have experienced.
We welcome your messages and stories of support, encouragement and overcoming crisis. Please use the comments area below for the sole purpose of sharing such good news.
Given the sensitivity of the situation, comments are moderated, and WEAG reserves the right to revise and remove comments that are deemed inappropriate to the intentions of this forum.