Pastor Shane answers questions about Sunday’s sermon, Controlling Money, on the trouble with money and how we must control it with God’s help or money will control us.
Links & financial resources in this episode
- https://go.weag.church/BBmoney — sermon & related resources
- https://go.weag.church/youtube — WEAG’s YouTube channel
- https://weag.tv — live streams and scheduled broadcasts
- https://mint.com — Mint.com website and mobile app to budget and effortlessly stay on top of bills.
- http://wally.me/ — Wally free mobile app to control your money seamlessly.
- YNAB https://www.youneedabudget.com/ — Personal budgeting software for desktop and mobile.
- https://www.quicken.com/ — Quicken comprehensive financial management software for personal and business use.
- https://www.everydollar.com/ — Every Dollar personal budgeting mobile app and website.
- Is preaching that God always provides as we sow gifts a highly-Westernized perspective in our comparably abundant wealth while Christians struggle just to survive in some areas of the world?
- If I allow God to have my life and trust Him with my finance then why do I still have financial issues?
- What do you do when you feel like it’s impossible to give in the midst of hard money circumstances?
- In light of Father’s Day, it’s hard for a guy to let go and trust. What was your experience a dad that feels a responsibility to financially protect and provide for your family?
- So…if you’ve been used to paying bills first…and there’s only barely enough $$ to go around…and you want to start giving..how do you tip the balance to begin to work toward tithing/giving to God first?
- Can you further explain how Luke 16:13 about serving two masters is not about finding a 50/50 compromise? How do we go 100% with the right master?
- How can I reconcile your statement, “The moment you think you own your stuff, is the moment that it owns you!” with the need to responsibly plan, save, and even increase assets?
- What are the two challenges? And, do you have any advice or experience with particular practices or tools to accomplish those?
Watch, text your questions in, and share the link to this live or recorded event with someone you care about who would benefit from a fresh perspective on managing finances.