In episode 54 of Beyond A Sermon, WEAG’s weekly Live Q&A program, we deep dive into the brokenness that comes from anxiety, panic, and worry.
- Is there a solution?
- What is it?
- Can these attacks be overcome?
Lead Pastor Shane Schlesman answers viewer questions about dealing with anxiety attacks. Missed the sermon? Watch it here: https://youtu.be/yfFhHzIVyCo
Have a question for Shane? Text it live during the show or anytime after to 804-480-4072 (no calls please).
- What is an anxiety attack? What does it feel like?
- Is being anxious, worried, or in a panic abnormal, reflective of weak faith, or a sin?
- As a Christian who is supposed to trust God, is it shameful for me to have an anxiety attack?
- Where does anxiety come from?
- If anxiety truly originates from my perspective, how come trying to force my thoughts to think differently doesn’t seem to work too well What is the fix for that?
- Is procrastination a direct result of anxiety? My guess is that it is, with fear (of failure OR success) being the driver of procrastination.
- Is there a legit role for medication, diet, fitness, and rest in how anxiety impacts me?
- How do I reconcile Scripture verses about not worrying with those about being a responsible steward of time, money, and more by planning ahead?
- In what ways and how much can the church help me overcome anxiety attacks?
The symptoms List
This is the list Shane cites when answering question one of symptoms that are commonly characteristic of a panic attack…
- Heart palpitations or accelerated heart rate
- Excessive sweating
- Trembling or shaking
- Shortness of breath or smothering sensations
- Feeling of choking
- Chest pain or discomfort
- Nausea or abdominal pain
- Feeling dizzy, unsteady, lightheaded, or faint
- Chills or hot flashes
- Derealization and/or depersonalization
- Fear of losing control or going crazy
- Fear of dying
- Feelings of numbness or tingling sensations (paresthesias)
#live #interview #Q&A #questions #answers #sermon #anxiety #panic #worry #stress #hope #healing #peace #survival #victory #trust #overcome #BeyondASermon #weag #rva #richmond