WEAG Made New Discipleship Classes
Our discipleship team has two brand new classes available for you starting July 2020!
SACRED RHYTHMS (Online via ZOOM)
This class will be held online via Zoom Tuesdays, July 14 – 18 at 6:30pm for 6 consecutive weeks. Click to register.
Teachers: Pastor Marlyn DeFoggi and Paul DeFoggi
Learn to arrange your life around a regular pattern of spiritual practices that God can use to nourish your soul and transform your life. Lessons…
- Longing for More: Understanding Your Desire for Spirituality
- Solitude and Silence: Creating Space for God
- Lectio Divina: Encountering God in Scripture
- Honoring the Body: Flesh-and-Blood Spirituality
- The Examen: Bringing My Whole Self to God
- A Rule of Life: Cultivating Your Own Sacred Rhythms
TWO TEXTS required: (please purchase a copy online before starting the study)
- SACRED RHYTHMS by Ruth Haley Barton | buy on: christianbook.com | amazon.com
- Sacred Rhythms Participants Guide | buy on: christianbook.com
SACRED TEXTS (Online Via ZOOM)
This class will be held online via Zoom Tuesdays, July 14 – 18 at 7pm for 6 consecutive weeks. Click to register.
Teacher: Sue Schlesman
This “Sacred Texts” class will present the major Eastern religions through a study of the texts. Each week, we’ll discuss the reading and compare it to the Bible and Christianity. Join this online class to better understand the similarities and differences in Christianity, Islam, Buddhism, Taoism, Hinduism, and Confucism. This forum will help Christians and non-Christians understand how Eastern religious thought has morphed into mainstream spirituality. Guest speakers will help present information and facilitate questions.