John 11:45-53 (NLT)
Many of the people who were with Mary believed in Jesus when they saw (the raising of Lazarus from the dead). But some went to the Pharisees and told them what Jesus had done. Then the leading priests and Pharisees called the high council together. “What are we going to do?” they asked each other. “If we allow Him to go on like this, soon everyone will believe in Him. Then the Roman army will come and destroy both our Temple and our nation.”
If the video above does not play, click/tap: https://youtu.be/G2ELgZqB49A
Faithful to Your Mission
The raising of Lazarus from the dead was the prelude to Holy Week. It threw the religious leaders into a dilemma. They worried that riots would break out in the streets and that Rome would blame them for the chaos and that all Jerusalem would suffer for it. So they plotted to take Jesus’ life (v. 53).
From a human viewpoint, things would end in disaster; but from a divine viewpoint everything would lead to the crowning event: Jesus death would make it possible for people everywhere to experience spiritual transformation and inherit eternal life.
As we focus our hearts during this Holy Week, consider the spiritual transformation that has happened in your life as a result of following Jesus. Honor Him with a wholehearted faith. Prioritize it. Jesus was faithful to His mission. How are you being faithful to yours?
#HolyWeek #devotional #2019 #mission #faithfulness #JamalJones
Enjoy the Full 6-Day Series
- Monday, April 15 – Faithful to Your Mission – w/ Pastor Jamal Jones
- Tuesday, April 16 – Give Your Purest Worship – w/ Pastor Marlyn DeFoggi
- Wednesday, April 17 – Surrender to Peace – w/ Pastor Jeremy Woltz
- Thursday, April 18 – Confident in His Strength – w/ Pastor John Kelly
- Friday, April 19 – Share in His Suffering – w/ Pastor Dave DeMasters
- Saturday, April 20 – Faith in the Silence – w/ Pastor Lisa Eggert